Old Moon

Saturday, December 5, 2009

MAIDEN RUN - At Last!

Finally, the second novel is out in paper. I wish the cover were the same as the e-reader version, but I have hopes for a tidier text.

If you have a taste for a story about a time many of us can remember, though it is likely past for good, this novel of how three siblings deal with facing a future changed by "progress" and loss for each of them, you might enjoy meeting the Adams family.

When you love your story as it unfolds under your fingers, completing it feels like a mixed blessing. When you then wonder whether it will ever see the light of day, you can begin to regard it as a curse. Nobody who writes for publication will fail to understand what I mean. During this waiting time, you become convinced that the book is too poor for anyone to want to read it anyway. I hope this feeling will pass soon!

I'm happy to wish myself a happy holiday now, while I also wish for happy readers.

Amazon and the publisher Cambridge Books are the primary sources, but most booksellers will order.

Now I can proceed to the last of the Christmas cards and packing for the journey north to spend Christmas with my children.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Glenda Council Beall said...

Congratulations, JLC. I can't wait to read the book. I'll have Phillips and Lloyd order it for me.
I guess they will know how to do that.
I'm so happy this has come out before Christmas. what a nice gift!

Vance said...

Tan-ta-ra! Eager to read it at last!

See you Saturday in the frigid north!

Terra Trevor said...

I've been wondering what happened to Byline magazine, and when I went to the website I found the blog which led me to you.

I love the post you left back in July 2008. So, I guess Marcia has moved on, and Robbi has dropped off the planet. A sad loss to the literary world, and you are a wonderful gain to have found. Nice blog and great books you have. Wishing you much writing success and pleasure.

Terra

JLC said...

Terra--

What a lovely surprise comment to find just as I'm about to pack up my trusty laptop and take off to northern climes. We hope to beat the coming storm.
Perhaps you'd be willing to e-mail me so I could find out who and how you are?