Old Moon

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

At Last!

I call your attention to the new link below: The Writers Circle, Glenda Council Beall's new blog. As always, she's at the front of the small army of supporters of those of us who aspire to greater skill, better instruction, encouragement from a pro, and publication. Enjoy her postings.

It's hard to believe after ten months that I can say I sent the last 25 pages of novel #3 to my editor yesterday. I found Richard Krawiec's ad on Hope C. Clark's sites for writers, and a happy day it was for me. Now, of course, I look forward (?) to the task of completing yet another draft incorporating his suggestions. To work with someone who "gets" every hint I want to include in the narrative is an extraordinarily encouraging experience. Now I discover that this novelist and teacher is also a poet. He will be heading a poetry workshop (what happens at a poetry workshop?) nearby so I can get to meet him--and perhaps learn something useful about writing poetry. I'm nervous, but I guess at my age, there's nothing to lose. [That was what my husband said to me when I was offered a contract with a POD publisher. Unfortunately, I got the answer.]

I "thank whatever gods may be" that there seems to be something challenging me almost ever day. For any readers of these notes out there, I wish the same for you.

1 comment:

Glenda Beall said...

Thank you, Joan, for your nice words about me and thanks for listing my new blog.
I am delighted you have found Richard K to help you. I hear such great things about him. I look forward to your next novel and I hope it will be published the way it should be published, with no errors to mar your wondeful writing.
And I am more than happy that you find exciting things happening in your life every day. I, too, am learning to enjoy each day.